Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Thing 11

I looked at the different social media news things and signed up for Digg. I looked at the others and liked this one the best. I found these news sites interesting in that you can add news you like and vote on the ones you like. BUT as I don't really have faith that all the news is all the truth (and this goes for TV, newspapers, etc) I'll take it all with a grain of salt. I don't know if our library would have any use for this type of thing. It seems to be a big waster of time and some of the articles were a bit hateful. I looked at Diggs tools and they have what's called the Diggwidget which allows you to display news on your site like this blog if I wanted to, which I don't. It seemed quite easy to do. I clicked on a news item under Stumbleupon that I wanted to email to someone and it asked me for my email address. When I put it in my whole contact list came up, even some contacts I have deleted from my list at home. I really liked how you can get these freaky news bits about all types of topics but I don't think I should get into this myself as I don't have the time. I mean I'd have to cut down on my Youtube time, you know?

No comments:

Post a Comment