Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Thing 18-Facebook/Myspace

I looked at both of these and I think that the library ones are really nice. It's a good way to expose the library to the younger set, on their terms. For personal use I find them a bit scary and sad. Scary in the sense that you can tell any sort of lie you want, like the old perv pretending he's 20 and the 13 yr old pretending she's 20 and meet me at the coffee shop type of thing. And sad that getting together is done online and not at someone's house or the beach etc. But I guess if this is the way young people like to do it what can an oldie like me say. I just hope they all have the other type of friends also. I can see also that it could be a big time eater like my little friends the sock puppets say:

1 comment:

  1. The Facebook Song was great. I fell off my chair laughing.

    ReplyDelete