Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Thing 10

I thought that this thing was very good. I really like the idea of being able to access my bookmarks anywhere and to share them and see what others have found. I think our library district would really benefit from having a Delicious account so all the librarians could share their finds and maybe have a place where patrons could also add their finds. I signed up with Delicious and marked a couple pages. It was all very easy. Then I looked at Furl and they claim "Say "goodbye" to Page Not Found messages and missing pages. When you Save a page with Furl, it's downloaded and saved to your own personal archive - for keeps. You can view your cached copy, at any time. Even if the source website has been down for years. Now that's archival goodness." How cool is this? I don't know how many times I've looked at old bookmarks to find the page gone. I think I'm going to go with Furl instead of Delicious. I also put some tags on my previous post which was very easy too.


No comments:

Post a Comment