Monday, March 9, 2009

Thing 13- Library Thing and Update

Update: I decided to change this to just a button because I thought having some of my book titles floating around was just to messy looking.

Well I did get a Library Thing gadget up on my blog but it wasn't my own doing. I tried and tried but kept getting an error message when I tried editing my html like the Library Thing said. My co-worker the saved the day and now it's up there. What he did wasn't what was directed. He went to my blog's layout page and then 'add a gadget' and then scrolled to HTML/Javascript and pasted it into there. I guess. Anyway I really like this Library Thing thing. It's exactly what I need for myself and I think our patrons could really use it for their read-it-already lists. Some are very disappointed that we can't keep track of what they've brought back. I really liked the Library Thing for Libraries. I think our patrons would like to be able to add input into our catalog. Library Thing Local would be very good to replace our paper program guide and include other places around town that we don't know about.

No comments:

Post a Comment