Saturday, February 14, 2009

Thing 8

I found this Thing quite interesting. I watched the video of the chat the librarian was having with a patron which was fun to watch. This a very good tool for patrons not in the library.
We use email for a number of different reasons in circ, to notify patron's of reserve items that have come in and overdue items and other things we want to notify them about like you left your cellphone at the library. It's up to the patrons if they want us to notify them in this way. We also use automated and regular phone messages and snailmail.
I used the instant messaging with my husband and I think I could spend too much time using this. It's a lot of fun. I really don't like text messaging and haven't used it. I think it's too impersonal and too hard to read at a glance like a short note would be. I know call me old fashioned.
I listened to the web conference through Opal about the Irish in America. It was interesting and I liked it but it was somewhat distracting with all the instructions going on, 'click this, can you see that?' But it was good and still worth listening to.

No comments:

Post a Comment