Sunday, February 1, 2009

Thing 4

RSS feed didn't go so well for me. I think I understand what it is pretty well and I set up my Google Reader account. That was easy. And it said to subscribe to some feeds, blogs and websites that I frequent. Ok, but when I went to the websites I had a hard time finding those little feed icons. Actually I didn't find any at all. Then I subscribed to some of those blog bundles that looked interesting and suddenly I had over 200 posts on my reader and I couldn't figure out how to delete them! But a co-worker pointed out the tiny little unsubscribe button and I got it pretty well under control but then I haven't checked today, who knows how much may be lurking there. But my real problem with all this is time. Yeah, I would like to read all those genealogy blogs I subscribed to but I just don't have that kind of time. I can't see how the RSS would serve me personally. I have too much farm work to do to be sitting in front of a computer for hours. I can seen how a library might use it to keep up with required reading book lists from area schools and things like that. But for me no.

No comments:

Post a Comment