Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Thing 2

It seems that most of Thing 2 was about convincing us that 2.0 was well on it's way and we had all better wake up and get going. I personally don't need to be convinced as the library I work at is well on it's way with online database access through our web page, internet and laptop check out at the library and YA gaming days (not the killer stuff as mentioned). The branch I work at right now has very nice places for small children with computers just for them with games and stories with education as the goal and a room for the teens where they can socialize and look at the internet in groups for school or play (mostly play it seems but at least they're in a safe place).
I really liked the idea of *meeting our users in engaging spaces online* that sounds intriguing- and using the library web page as a tool where *people can make connections and talk to each other*-cool too. I liked the librarian who makes himself available through Myspace.
As far as making ourselves essential to the community-I think we're doing that pretty well at least with the young folk. We're their place to go after school. But not that we can't improve I hope to see that soon and it's all kind of exciting.
As far as having the time to do the 23 things, well if they can still give me some time at work I should be ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment